Delivery and Collection information
We strive to make our delivery and collection service as simple and cost effective for our customers as possible. Our charges depend on the type of equipment that is hired (size, weight), and your location.
Sydney Metro zone
The delivery price depends on whether you are located in the Metro Sydney zone or outside of this - see the map to identify which zone you are in. The delivery cost is fixed for all of Metro Sydney. Mega Hire will happily deliver outside of the Metro zone - please contact us for a price on 1300 546 122!
Our deliveries are normally made in the morning, from Monday till Saturday. Orders containing multiple products will be delivered together (where possible) to minimise the delivery charge to the customer. This will depend on the size and amount of equipment ordered.
To ensure deliveries are carried out as efficiently as possible, please ensure there is a safe area for our driver to unload, demonstrate the equipment and complete the paperwork.
On the odd occasion, delivery charges must be quoted individually if they are unusual scenarios. These may include:
- Multiple equipment deliveries with large equipment
- After-hours deliveries
- Delivery outside our standard delivery zones
- Special/large equipment delivery
Requiring a special delivery is easy! Simply place your online booking and note any requests in the box provided. A Mega Hire staff member will then call or email you with an accurate quote.
You can also call us on 1300 546 122 to discuss you delivery and ask for a quote.
The equipment is considered ‘hired’ (and chargeable) until the time that Mega Hire is notified that it is ready for collection. At this point, it will be deemed ‘off-hire’. A collection time can also be pre-arranged when placing your online booking. Pickup will usually occur within a few hours of ‘off-hire’ - we will inform you at the time.
To avoid any additional charges, please note:
- The use of equipment must have ceased, and the equipment must be ready for pickup at the time of ‘off hire’. Multiple pieces of equipment must be grouped together.
- Please always ensure the equipment is readily accessible and near to the pickup area, and that there is a safe area for our driver to load the equipment. Our vehicles must have access, with sufficient egress for any equipment that needs to be loaded by lifting devices and tilt trays.
- Any equipment that required assembly after delivery (such as scaffolding) should be disassembled and ready for transport when our driver arrives for pick up. Otherwise hire will continue.